Pages

A very warm welcome!

Thanks for visiting this, my second blog! You can visit Heart and Soil to see what I get up to on our 40 odd acres of land in Exmoor, basketry, crafts and general things and stuff.

I thought I would start this blog off by doing a day by day diary of my 2008 solitary retreat. You can find my posts on the preparation for this retreat over at Heart and Soil on this link:

heartandsoil.blogspot.com/search/label/SolitaryRetreat

Many people have said to me that they wish they could do a solitary retreat, because 'they really need one'. That's why I decided to share one of my retreat experiences, to hopefully make going on retreat alone, a bit less mysterious and a bit more 'doable'.


Offered with much love for your continued happiness!
hen

Solitary Retreat Diary

Please remember that in order for the diary section of this blog to make sense you should start from Day 1 and work your way through. At the moment the best way to do this is by using the labels list on the right.

I will compile a links list to make this easier when I have posted the last day... and when I have a minute!

hen
x

Thursday 4 June 2009

Day 12 - Faith


Had a 'nice' sit this morning & then a lovely sit in the conservatory with breakfast.  The sun is out and, at last, birds!!  Everywhere! Really feisty little gangs of tiny birds! 

The cat came & got really close to a bird.  She was like liquid coming over the wall.  Awesome for such a little thing.

Took a morning stroll around the mound the cottage is on.  Lots of brilliantly coloured & weirdly shaped mushrooms, took many photos...




There's more photos of multi coloured mushrooms on DAY 6.


I've sent some time writing a welcome letter to the next retreatant...  Getting a deep sense of connection with the unbroken line of people who have been to this place over the years, to meditate, be alone, study, be...  Each adding and taking away.  I'm grateful, so grateful.


My tummy is bad, I feel a bit eurk.  Subtly eurk, but definitely not right. I wonder if it's psychosomatic?  I'm slightly worried about leaving here tomorrow.  The last time I left a solitary retreat I felt like I was an open wound with everything around me rubbing salt in.  Very painful experience.  Took me a few days to harden up again.  I wonder what it will be like this time? 

 

Well, I've cleaned the conservatory & shower.  Taken things to the car & now I'm finally going to go & do a sit  & a puja before bedtime.


That was a lovely sit.  Nothing insightful, just very peaceful and loving.  I really meant the puja too.  Which is very interesting to me...

I never really thought I had faith.  Turns out I probably do.





Warm hugs and much love,
hen
xx

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails